Remembering Mahatma Gandhi – A Musical Memorial on Gandhi Jayanti
Lorraine Music Academy and LAMP Trust invite you to a MUSICAL MEMORIAL "REMEMBERING MAHATMA GANDHI”, an event that forms a part of the ongoing National Patriotic Project “Come India Sing Jana Gana Mana” @ 11:00 am on Wednesday 2nd October 2013, Gandhi Jayanti, at Epicentre Auditorium, Apparel House, Sector-44, Gurgaon.
- Shri Oscar Fernandes, Hon’ble Minister of Road Transport & Highways
PRESIDED & HOSTED BY:
- Shri Aubrey Aloysius, Founder Trustee & President of LAMP Trust, Managing Director of Lorraine Music Academy, Chairman of the National Patriotic Project
- Smt. Lorraine Fiona Aloysius, Trustee of LAMP Trust, Creative Director of Lorraine Music Academy
GUESTS OF HONOUR:
- Shri Kartikay Saini, Chairman, Scottish High International School
- Smt. Bakhtawar Saini, Director – Operations, Scottish High International School
- Smt. Sudha Goyal, Director – School, Scottish High International School
- Smt. Punam Kashyap, Director, Gems Education
- Smt. Lalita Trehan, Founder, American Public School
- Dr. Nidhi Trehan, Asst. Director, American Public School
- Shri. Ashish Gulati, Vice Chairman, Blue Bells Group of Schools
- Smt. Neeta Bali, Principal, G. D. Goenka World School
- Shri Lon W. McDaniel, Principal, Amity Global School
The musical memorial will include performances of Gandhiji’s favourite hymns and prayers performed by children and youth – members of our next generation, and citizens of India. It will also include patriotic and folk songs / dances depicting India’s cultural ethos of “Unity in Diversity”. The event will also have the audience singing our National Anthem with precision, pride and passion. The National Patriotic Project “Come India Sing Jana Gana Mana” is a clarion call to 1.27 Billion Indians to stand together for one cause – the Unity of India, by singing one song – our National Anthem, in the correct code as laid out in the Constitution of India.
The “Come India Sing” Nation-wide Talent Contest is open to all. This includes a slogan contest for every Indian citizen to express what the National Anthem means to them. The contest also encourages the practising and the singing of “Jana Gana Mana”, and a Patriotic Song.
Participation can be as an Individual, as a Family or as a Group of friends, classmates, a school, a college, office colleagues…. All one has to do is record on video one’s family or group or oneself singing the song, upload the video to YouTube, complete the registration form on our website, and be a part of the nation-building project. Age is no bar. This contest is open to all ages.
Select participants and winners of the above project will get opportunities to perform on stage before audiences at various venues in the National Capital Region of Delhi and across the country. Winners of the “Come India Sing” Nation-wide Talent Contest will earn the privilege of being invited to sing the National Anthem alongside the nation’s leaders and to receive their award. Individuals and groups whose performance stand out will also be invited to attend or to perform at an enormous annual cultural program depicting India’s cultural ethos of “Unity in Diversity”, in a large venue in the National Capital Region of Delhi. Thousands of the nation’s youth will together in one voice celebrate our great nation by singing "Jana Gana Mana". This event will be broadcast nationally and internationally, giving participants exposure on a grand scale that will, at the very least, leave them with memories that will last for a lifetime and, at the very most, be the key element in inspiring them realize their greater dreams.
So spread the word, and join in singing our National Anthem. Other songs – Patriotic Songs, Festive Songs, Folk Songs, Pop Songs, Christmas Carols, etc. – will follow as well.
To participate, please log on to the following websites:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conceptualised & Initiated by:
- Lorraine Music Academy
in Aid of:
- LAMP Trust
in collaboration with our Partners:
- Knowledge Partner:
- Citizen Action Partner:
- Sports Authority of India