Inauguration of the National Patriotic Project COME INDIA SING JANA GANA MANA
Television Channel: Doordarshan’s DD India (seen across 146 countries)
News / coverage of our INDEPENDENCE DAY inauguration of the NATIONAL PATRIOTIC PROJECT "COME INDIA SING JANA GANA MANA" by Shri Oscar Fernandes, Hon’ble Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India, held on 15 August 2013 at Epicentre, Gurgaon, National Capital Region of Delhi, aired on DOORDARSHAN’s International Channel — DD INDIA — watched in over 146 countries, at:
- 11:30am IST Sunday 1st September 2013
- 7:00pm IST Sunday 1st September 2013
- 2:30am IST Monday 2nd September 2013
DD INDIA’s program "INDIA CALLING"
THE NATIONAL PATRIOTIC PROJECT "COME INDIA SING JANA GANA MANA" INAUGURATED BY:
- Shri Oscar Fernandes, Hon’ble Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India
PRESIDED & HOSTED BY:
- Shri Aubrey Aloysius, Founder Trustee & President of LAMP Trust, Managing Director of Lorraine Music Academy, Chairman of the National Patriotic Project
- Smt. Lorraine Fiona Aloysius, Trustee of LAMP Trust, Creative Director of Lorraine Music Academy
GUESTS OF HONOUR:
- Mr. Jeroninio Almeida, Founder, iCONGO (Confederation of Non Government Organisations)
- Mrs. Vidyun Singh, Program Director, India Habitat Centre & Epicentre
- Mr. Raj Chopra, Chairman, B. R. Films, Raaj Films, Producer, Distributor
- Mr. S. P. Gupta, I.A.S. Retd., Former Commissioner & Administrator, HUDA, Gurgaon and Vice Chancellor, M. M. U. University, Ambala
- Mr. U. R. Sabhapathi, Former M.L.A., Udupi, Karnataka
- Dr. Anil Jain, Member – Central Advisory Board on Child Labour
Lorraine Music Academy and LAMP Trust hosted the launch of the National Patriotic Project "Come India Sing Jana Gana Mana" @ 11:00 am on Thursday 15th August 2013, our Independence Day, at Epicentre Auditorium, Apparel House, Sector-44, Gurgaon. Shri Oscar Fernandes, Hon’ble Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India, was the Chief Guest of the Launch Ceremony and inaugurated the National Patriotic Project.
The launch ceremony included performances of patriotic and folk songs and dances depicting India’s cultural ethos of "Unity in Diversity". The "Come India Sing" project is a clarion call to 1.27 Billion Indians to stand together for one cause — the Unity of India, by singing one song — our National Anthem. In a splendid show of patriotism, hundreds of citizens gathered and sang the National Anthem. Those present at the occasion were left spellbound by the performances of the school children, students and trained artists from Lorraine Music Academy and A. R. Rehman’s K M Music Conservatory. This inaugural concert has received widespread media coverage, was telecast on 1st September 2013 on Doordarshan’s International Channel — DD India — being watched in 146 countries.
The project’s initial 3 films (30 seconds, 60 seconds, 3 minutes duration) were also launched by screening them to the august gathering. These will be broadcast widely on national television, international television and social media.
Spread the word, come and join us in singing our National Anthem. To participate online, please log on to the following websites:
Conceptualised & Initiated by:
Lorraine Music Academy
in Aid of:
in collaboration with our Partners:
- Sports Authority of India