A Musical Evening Remembering EASTER
LAMP Trust & Lorraine Music Academy
“A Musical Evening Remembering EASTER”
(Admission Free. No Passes required. Seats available on first come first served basis. Please come early.)
Most of us associate christendom with Christmas and the birth of Jesus. Actually, the most significant festival of the Christians is Easter (the Resurrection of Jesus on Easter Sunday, after being crucified on Good Friday).
In the western music church tradition, famous composers like Mozart, Bach, Handel, etc have composed music, especially choral works – masses, oratorios, passions and cantatas – to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.
This event will bring to the audiences the “Western Music Church Tradition” going back to the 6th Century Gregorian Chant used by the Roman Catholic Church, along with more modern style Easter Gospel and Easter Rock.
- DR. GERALD RODRICKS, aged 81, who has learnt from the Jesuits and has played an active part in Easter Traditions in many parts of the world since the age of 8. He has been acting since childhood, winning prizes on the way, and later went on to adapt english plays to local traditions. He received awards from Government of Goa for writing, acting & directing dramas, plays & operas. An educationist, he was the Principal of The New Indian School, Kuwait, where Lorraine Fiona Aloysius did her schooling.
- LORRAINE FIONA ALOYSIUS started playing the piano from the age of 8, greatly encouraged & inspired by her mother, Helen D’Cruz. Lorraine initially trained in Kuwait under Johnny Gomes. She then trained under the tutelage of Aida Francis. She is a Licentiate of the Trinity College of London – UK (Pianoforte) and a Masters in Banking & Finance. She has experience in teaching, creative thinking, public relations, training and motivating large teams across the country. Lorraine has been living in Gurgaon since 2004 and is the Creative Director & Principal of Lorraine Music Academy. She has sent over 300 students for examinations of Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, U.K., Trinity College of London, U.K., Trinity Guildhall, U.K., and RockSchool, U.K. Lorraine also oversees a regular visiting faculty that comes in from across the globe including some of the top global Colleges of Music & Drama, to teach our students during various periods of the year. She has performed in concerts at various auditoria across the country.
- JOANNE FERNANDES is a fine talent from Goa, a singer, guitarist & song writer with her own distinctive style. Having started her career at the age of 15, she has dabbled with small and big stage events earning experience with different acts and genres over the years. At 19 Joanne had a two year stint with a pop / rock band. She found her spot in the sun when she competed amongst thousands of Goans to win the Kingfisher Voice of Goa title 2006. As brand ambassador she completed 150 events for the company performing at festivals, clubs, pubs & concerts.
- SANJEEB SIRCAR is an accomplished Indian Classical Sitar performer and a creative and versatile musician with a music career of more than three decades during which he has performed across India and in Europe, England, USA and Australia. Both the Gayake and Tantrikari of the Imdadkhani and Senia Gharana styles are to be found in his rendering of a Raga. He holds a Master’s degree in Indian Music (Sitar), from the Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahabad, and a diploma in Indian Music (Sitar), from the Benaras Hindu University, Varanasi. Prominent among his teachers are Ustad Shujaat Khan, the late Pandit Banwari Lal (1912-2003) of Allahabad, Dr. Raj Bhan Singh, and Dr. K.C. Gangrade of Varanasi.
- Students of the Lorraine Music Academy
GUESTS OF HONOUR (Lighting of Traditional Lamp):
- Mr. Shiv Kumar Chowdhury (Former Joint Commissioner of Police, New Delhi)
- Mr. Maheshwar Dayal (Deputy Commissioner of Police, Gurgaon East)
- Dr. Victor Nazareth (Senior Pastor, New Life Church)
- Sister Anita D’Monte (Roman Catholic Church, Gurgaon)
- Dr. Gerald Rodricks (Musician, Theatre Artist, Educationist)
- Mrs. Helen D’Cruz (Musician, Singer – All India Radio)
- Ms. K. C. Ranjani (Chairperson & Managing Director of Dia Vikas Capital)
The concert forms a part of the Music & Art Festival in aid of LAMP Trust – aimed at raising awareness and resources to set up a World Cultural Centre in Gurgaon, National Capital Region, to promote the Arts.
L A M P
Trust registered under the Indian Trust Act, 1882
Gurgaon, Haryana | Regn. No. 19238 | 2010-11
Commissioner of Income Tax, Faridabad | Exemption u/s 80G | No: 66 dt 05.03.2012